Come join Your Safe Haven for a night of festive fun! Our Masquerade Ball is October 15, 2022, at the Bedford American Legion! You will enjoy dinner, drinks, a silent auction and entertainment all for only $50 per ticket! Dress is semi-formal–or get creative and surprise us! Masks are optional and some will be available to buy at the Ball.
Proceeds from the Masquerade Ball will go to Your Safe Haven to provide services for those impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, and other violent crimes. To order tickets, contact the office at 814-623-7664, or email Susan Hawthorne at SHawthorne@YourSafeHaven.org.
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL ADVOCATE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt Status, 35 hours/week
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $25,000 – $35,000
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: The Medical Advocate is responsible for the coordination of the organization’s Medical Advocacy Program with area hospitals, physicians, nurses, retirement homes and communities, nursing homes, counseling programs, and other social services organizations where applicable. This position is grant-funded. This position will provide back-up to Direct Services operations, be proficient in the PFA process from start to finish, and be a part of the on-call hotline schedule. This position may include evening and weekend hours.
- Develop and present programming regarding trauma-informed services for domestic violence survivors, and sexual assault survivors, and other crisis information and referrals.
- Provides training/outreach to hospitals, physicians’ offices, health centers, counseling centers, drug and alcohol treatment centers, and other similar facilities.
- Develops presentations for health care settings on topics surrounding domestic violence, sexual assault, and relevant topics within those categories.
- Assists with the implementation of human trafficking protocols at area hospitals.
- Assists with updating hospital policies/procedures concerning domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Review and revise all curriculum, handouts, and brochures on a semi-annual basis.
- Conduct medical outreach efforts to offer community awareness programs throughout
- Work closely with the Outreach/Education Specialist on public awareness campaigns
- Promote YSH through attendance at health and community fairs and participation in special community and agency events.
- Participates in Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and other community events.
- Develops screening protocols which can be done for domestic violence victims and victims of sexual assault at health fairs or similar public events.
- Provides training/outreach to nursing home staff on topics related to domestic violence, sexual assault, and other relevant topics.
- Collaborates with Area Agency on Aging to provide training, create a seamless referral system, and ensure non-duplication of services.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Completes required PCAR and PCADV trainings.
- Works with volunteers.
- Participates, when needed, in the on-call rotation.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service-related field or 8 years’ experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other relevant issues and how those impact the Bedford County communities.
- Must have demonstrated ability to counsel in crisis situations and be skilled in support group facilitation.
- Must have the self-discipline to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of individuals, including teens and children.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, etc.
- Required to complete or have completed the mandatory training as required by YSH funding sources.
- Valid PA driver’s license and auto insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle for travel. May need to transport clients.
- FBI and Act 33/34 Clearances required.
- Must have flexible schedule.
- Knowledge of traumatic brain injury, human trafficking, and reproductive coercion.