Your Safe Haven, Inc. realizes that volunteers are the backbone of any non-profit organization. As a volunteer with the agency, you will be able to learn more about YSH’s services, build new skills, and meet new people, all while making a significant contribution of your time and talent to those in our community who become victims of crime.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license
- Pass Criminal Background Checks
- Child Abuse history Checks
- FBI clearances
- Complete initial screening/interview process
- Successfully complete the 65 hour mandated domestic violence/sexual assault training
After completion of training, volunteers will be asked to commit to one (1) year of volunteer service, providing at least four (4) hours per month. Additionally, volunteers will commit to attending a minimum of ten (10) hours of on-going trainings/in-services per year. Volunteers are required to adhere to the mission, vision and policies of the agency.
- Ability to be non-judgemental
- Ability to listen and be supportive
- Ability to adhere to agency procedures and policies
- Ability to use agency resources effectively
- The willingness to be a dedicated team member
YSH will be planning a new volunteer training starting in October 2019. Participants are required to volunteer during YSH business hours Monday through Friday. The Persons wanting to register are asked to complete the Volunteer Application below and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.