Custody Actions In Bedford County
DISCLAIMER: Your Safe Haven, Inc. (YSH) is providing this information, including pleadings and presentations, for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice. YSH will not give you legal advice or further information about completing or filing these pleadings. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney. Please note, Your Safe Haven does not provide paper copies of these documents, but you are welcome to download and print your own copies.
The Bedford County Bar Association is pleased to present a new resource for custody litigants in Bedford County. The Presentation, Custody Actions In Bedford County, provides general information regarding custody actions in Bedford County, Pennsylvania only. The presentation was designed to provide litigants with information on filing the initial custody action and the court process. The presentation should be watched in its entirety to be most beneficial. When accessing the presentation, please have a copy of the custody documents to review and complete.
Please note the recent changes to completing and filing your custody action. Effective January 6, 2018, litigants and their attorneys must comply with the Public Access Policy (Policy) of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts. To comply, when completing the pleadings to file with the Court, Confidential Information may not be included in the pleadings and Confidential Documents may not be attached to the pleadings in order to limit public access.
Please read the Public Access Policy: Confidential Information and Documents to understand what information may not be included in the pleadings and what other documents you may have to complete and file. Additionally, please review the first Custody Presentation: Introduction and Recent Changes for more information on this Policy.
For more information about this policy and how to comply, please click here.
The Confidential Information Form can be found here.
The Confidential Document Form can be found here.
The Confidential Information Form and Abuse Victim Addendum can be found here.
The Presentations contains six parts.Please click on the title you wish to view.
- Introduction and Recent Changes
- Costs and Petitioning to Waive the Costs for Filing
- Requirements and Definitions for Custody Actions: Where To File, Who Can File, What Can You File For
- How to File the Custody Action: Completing the Custody Complaint and Other Legal Documents
- Serving the Other Party
- Going Before the Court: Conferences, Hearings and What is in the Best Interest of the Child
The Custody Pleadings are available for you to print so you can review the documents and complete them while viewing the Presentation. Please click on the document you wish to view.
- Order and Petition to Proceed In Forma Pauperis
- Order of Court for Custody Conference
- Complaint for Custody
- Criminal Record and Abuse History Verification
- In Forma Pauperis Petition with Confidential Information
- Affidavit of Service by Mail
- Entry of Appearance of Self-Represented Party
- Custody Agreement
- Notice, Order, and Petition for Modification
- Notice, Order, and Petition For Contempt
Below are Sample Custody Pleadings that you can review.Please click on the document you wish to view.
For more instructions on how to file a custody action or complete documents, please click on the document you wish to view.
For more information and instructions visit the PA courts website by clicking here.