Your Safe Haven, Inc. has the following job opening:
JOB TITLE: COUNSELOR /ADVOCATE I
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: NON – EXEMPT, 35 HRS./WEEK
STARTING SALARY: $25,300 – $29,500
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: To provide crisis intervention and direct services to victims of
domestic violence, sexual assault, and other serious crimes.
1. To provide direct services to agency clients through appointment, walk-ins, office
coverage, and/or via the phone.
2. To monitor case progress and participate in case management activities.
3. Responsible for maintaining client files and compiling statistical reports.
4. Provides individual and group counseling to victims of domestic violence, sexual
assault and other serious crimes.
5. Provides advocacy/accompaniment for clients while providing services for clients.
6. Participate in training sessions for staff/volunteers, as they relate to the counseling
7. Complete procedural services to include accompaniment, prior comments, victim
impact statement assistance, property return, restitution, and VCAP.
Accompaniment (Criminal Cases/Juvenile Cases) – The Victims’ Services Program shall provide
accompaniment during court-related activities. Accompaniment is the in-person support
provided to a victim.
Prior Comment (Criminal Cases/Juvenile Cases) – The Victims’ Services Program shall assist
victims on how to provide prior comment on all adult and/or juvenile criminal matters
concerning, but not limited to the potential reduction or dropping of a charge, plea agreements,
or case diversions including referrals to restorative practices, specialty courts, Accelerated
Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD), informal adjustment, or consent decree.
Property Return (Criminal Cases/Juvenile Cases) – The Victims’ Services Program shall inform,
advocate, and coordinate the expeditious return of property, used as evidence, to the victim.
Restitution (Criminal Cases/Juvenile Cases) – The Victims’ Services Program shall inform and
advocate, on behalf of victims, regarding their rights to restitution under Pennsylvania law and
advocate on behalf of the victim(s) for the necessity and collection of restitution.
Victim Impact Statement (Criminal Cases/Juvenile Cases) – Prior to sentencing, the Victims’
Services Program shall aid victims regarding their right to offer a written and/or oral victim
VCAP (Criminal Cases/Juvenile Cases) – The Victims’ Services Program shall provide information
to the victim about Victims Compensation Assistance and assist, directly or indirectly, in
preparation, filing, and follow up of any claim for Victims Compensation Assistance.
8. Other duties as may be required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human service field OR 3 years significant
2. Required to complete or have completed the mandatory training as dictated by
funding sources for Your Safe Haven Inc.
3. Experience in domestic violence/sexual assault field preferred.
4. Ability to work in a crisis oriented, fast paced work environment.
5. Reliable transportation and telephone required.
6. Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required.
7. Valid PA driver’s license.